Sunday, December 17, 2006

Footprints

The long awaited sunday. Well i almost couldn't wake up early in the morning due to extreme tiredness and even light night watching of japanese dramas yesterday. And we merrily headed to church =).

Well it was quite okay, i'm a lot more carefree nowadays since i'm free from the clutches of tuition, and wei hong, my dear friend.. haha. The only guy that breaks out from his own crowd, from the crowd that surrounds him all the time to chat, to come to chat with me, what a nice guy with sparkling charisma i suspect many girls stalk him home everyday. Okay that's nonsense, but anyway he had to leave for awhile with the guys to somewhere so he chucked me his psp when i didn't say a word and left. haha. What a thoughtful and sweet nice guy with sparkling personality and charm! Haha..

Anyway, yep, did some playing, and of course, it doesn't belong to me, so i lent it to everyone, though he told me not to, but i have no right over it and i have no heart to see the guys peeking over at my screen and drooling all over it.

Lunch was great and finally singspiration, the long awaited singspiration came and i could finally sing all my troubles and frustrations all out. Ya, haha, though today wasn't the highest of worship moods, funny it is for me, i never get the high mood i look for. At times everyone's just clapping along, the merriness, the cheerfulness, the smiles, the laughter, the love, and God, just makes even you tear.

Game time! Haha, it was mostly boring, but lots of laughter through such simple games, and the people around love to make me perform, i had to sing thrice, once the national anthem, once twinkle twinkle, and once the cyyam's favourite welcome song.. Haha. Though my voice was very shaky and i was on the verge of bursting out in laughter, i sang great!!! hahaha..

Ya after that was the packing for log stuff for yesterday night, and everyone got together to clean the church because the caretaker's wife's dad passed away, so they weren't here, and we washed all the toilets and mopped all the floors so they needn't have to worry. And me.. haha. Since it was raining, after most of the work was done, i just stood out in the rain with the white umbrella in hand. Haha, between the container and the church, awaiting people to go to the container to store stuff so i can ferry them across. haha. And before long when all the work was done, i was still standing there, and pei en came over asking me why i was standing in the rain, haha, everyone thought i was posing and started taking photos.. hmm my preparation.. on my way, on the correct path to being a model.. hahaha.

Yep, so we left soon after since ziling would be flying off to bali, and we all headed to the airport to send her off.

I spend this really really really rare fruitful talking time with the guy with the most sparkling personality.. guess who? Wei hong!! haha.. Well when we reached the airport, we saw ziling's sister, and ohhhh my gooodness, they looked alike and haha.. And ziling came forward and asked us how old we think she is. She told us she's in university year 1.. we almost fainted because they loooked all alike. she asked me how old i thought she was, i told her she looks like my girlfriend. By that, i mean she looks like my ordinary girlfriends from school. But okay, my bad for sending the wrong signals, i didn't even have a chance to make my amendments and they erupted.. haha. Ziling started screaming to pei fen.. ahha, and wei hong also, telling the whole world that ziling's sis loooks like my girlfriend!! NONONO!! hahaha, but then.. haha, who would believe me?!! haha, but of course, i'm only joking, i hope her sister doesn't get the wrong idea that i'm hinting her to be my girlfriend. haha.

Well the time there was great! haha, firstly wei hong treated me to a vanilla i dunno what which cost him 5.20. A sweet guy, big heart, sparkling personality, big wallet. I will repay him someday. And there, we started talking about bgr again. Why? haha. And i realised he really treeats me like his good friend, which i'm pretty surprised about, since we've an age gap of 4, and i'm a little antisocial at times, and he has the friends of his generation to talk to, but he treats me as one of his closer friends, and i'm happy.

And its wierd talking to him about girls since it makes more sense for him to talk about it at his age but for me, it doesn't since i'm only sec 3. And he openly shared me his secret about his deep crush that lasted 5 years, and he told me to guess it out so openly! No wonder. In his friendster, he has maintained the same profile since the very day i added him. The same mushy words that proclaims his deep love. And the other day i checked it surprised me that he has changed it! Then i figured it must have been something that has impacted him greatly to change his 5 year unchanged profile run.

And so the two of stood in a corner, while everyone was merrily chatting inside burger king.. And wei hong shared with me how he got over his deeep liking just 2 days ago. And he shared with me many many things. And i told him many things about the girls i like too. And he told me not to think so much about the people that treat me really nice, he said its because i look like a kid, a small kid and people always treat me like a small kid. Then i felt really sad, i wish i look less kiddy. The probably explains why some people call my childish, though yes i am childish, mix it with my kiddy face, and childishness.. That explains why i try to look fierce sometimes, cocking up my eyebrows, not because i'm trying to act cool, but because i'm trying to do away with the kiddy face! But the actual reason why wei hong says i look kiddy, he couldn't tell me, he just said there's something about me that looks kiddy.

Our sharing was so in depth, so secret, that when cheng huan came asking to join our conversation, wei hong asked him to excuse himself, because we were really talking heart to heart as in, close friends. And he kept saying cheng huan's too small.. Which was really stupid since he's one year my senior..haha. Ya, so i was surprised too wei hong shooed him away. Girls are a nono now, its not the feeling that we have for the opposite sex now we get, that's inevitable, its going out and thinking about dating.. But ya, it was quite awkward for me to share with wei hong since he's my senior and i feel stupid telling him about girls since i'm young. He told me to wait for j1, but that's not exactly what i'm thinking, i think the best time is in uni! haha.

Ya, there's the class bbq, which honestly i had no intention to go for, because i'm really really tired. But shi xiong called to tell me he'd only go if i went, and that he'd be waiting for me at tpc and he wouldn't leave till i showed up. Goodness, where on earth did i meet such a good friend? I had to go, i had to.

So anyway, ziling's family finally left, hope she'll have loads of fun and buy me gifts since i bought her gifts! haha..

So headed all the way to toa payoh, met shi xiong, and headed to miss huang's house. Oh i'm sorry guys, i seemed cold, i seemed like i had a black face, but i'm just tired. And to all the people saying i look like a pastor when i held my Bible, thanks for the compliment and i will consider one day.. haha..

Before i end off. people have been shocked to see me reading a chinese book. Its just footprints, the story about a poem that inspired millions la, and its good for my chinese. So why not share it here?



I had a Dream (Footprints)

One night i dreamed a dream,
I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets
of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me
and one to my Lord.
When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
There was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was the lowest
and saddest times of my life.
This always bothered me
And i questioned the Lord
about my dilemma.
''Lord, you told me when i decided to follow You,
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But i'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when i needed You most,
You leave me."
He whispered, ''My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints
It was then when I carried you.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home